Hot fresh oatmeal cookies that are soft and chewy make for a great snack or even breakfast. They are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants and can be made even better with tasty ingredients such as: nuts, dried fruits, seeds, chocolate chips, or whatever you can come up with!
With the proper substitutions these can be made:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Sugar free
Yields: About 10 cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 12 Minutes
- 1/3 cup softened butter (can use plant based vegan butter)
- 1 cup erythritol (or similar sugar free sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups instant or quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mix-ins: dried fruits, nuts, sugar free chocolate chips, seeds, etc...
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and sweetener in a mixing bowl and cream together to create a wet sand texture
- Add remaining ingredients and mix again to form a cookie dough
- Scoop onto baking sheet and flatten by hand
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, let it rest for 5 minutes, then enjoy soft chewy oatmeal cookies!
These are best eaten right away, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. I prefer to reheat leftover cookies in the microwave for 15 seconds to freshen them up.