White Chicken Chili
Here is an idea for a warm comforting dish that just happens to be super healthy and delicious. This can be made dairy free as shown below, or not. This is super easy to whip up in 20 minutes and can be made with either canned, frozen, or fresh veggies.
This is best done in 1 dish. I recommend a pressure cooker or large (at least 4 Qts) pot.
Don't worry too much about getting exact measurements. The spice and seasoning levels can be adjusted to taste or preference.
Yields: About 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes in Pressure cooker or 45 Minutes on Stove
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (deboned and shredded)
- 1 large diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes and chilis (such as Rotel)
- 2 cans cannellini or white beans
- 15 ounces dairy free cream cheese (I used Daiya)
- 1 can corn
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- a pinch or two of cayenne (depending on heat tolerance)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (this adds an extra depth of flavor that is usually hidden away in chili and stew)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sautee onions in olive oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and all seasonings and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on a stovetop for 45 minutes, or in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool, it will thicken naturally.
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy.
- Toppings can be added such as avocado slices, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, and more! Make it your own.