Delicious Keto Fruit Tart
These fruit tarts are super simple to whip up and serve as: hors d'oeuvres, dessert, breakfast, etc...
They are very low in sugar, depending on how much fruit you add, as well as gluten and dairy free.
Yields: About 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
- 10 oz almond flour by weight, 5 oz by volume
- 1/4 cup plant butter, melt in microwave 15 seconds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol +1/3 cup divided
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Assorted sliced fruits
Pastry Cream Steps:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until tiny bubbles appear on the surface, about 6 to 8 minutes, stir to prevent scalding.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and erythritol. Whisk in cornstarch and salt. While whisking constantly, pour in half of the hot milk. Whisk in remaining hot milk and return to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens to a firm consistency, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk in vanilla and pour in to a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on to the surface of the pastry cream. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 to 3 hours.
Pie Crust Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all crust ingredients together until a uniform dough is created
- Press dough evenly down into a pie pan or split equally into 8 large size muffin cups. Press firmly so dough is only 1/4" thick. with a fork, poke holes evenly around the bottom.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then let cool for up to an hour
- Fill with pastry cream and sliced fruit and enjoy!